Stanley Consultants, Inc. Construction Inspector in Tamuning, Guam
Performs on-site daily observation of the contractor’s construction work, compares the work product to the project’s approved plans and specifications and prepares daily reports.
Physically performs field-required inspections.
Prepares reports and coordinates progress meetings with the contractor and owner. Keep daily inspection report(s), recording the construction contractor’s daily quantities, daily activities, decisions, observations in general and specific observations
in more detail as in the case of observing test procedures, and send copies to the Construction Manager.
Reviews the shop drawing and material submittals, prepares comments and recommends approval
Checks the quality of the contractor’s work. Conduct on-site inspections of the work in progress to determine if the work is proceeding in accordance with the Contract Documents and that completed work will conform to the Contract Documents. Verify by
measurement, daily, quantities of work installed by the construction contractor. Record these measurement on the form prescribed client’s manuals and instructions.
- Maintains daily logs of inspections and reviews any discrepancies with the proper parties. Monitor the construction contractor’s compliance with the approved NPDES or other environmental permits and applicable Best Management Practices; issue Notices of
Non-Compliance as necessary in consultation with the Construction Manager.
- In the course of business, the member will be required to operate a company vehicle. A mandatory prerequisite to operating a company vehicle is maintaining an acceptable driving record.
This job requires good communication and documentation skills (MS office, Internet) and an individual capable of performing with minimal supervision. A general knowledge of construction techniques and an ability to read plans and specifications is mandatory.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management and 0-3 years of construction related experience
- Associate’s degree in Construction Management or Bachelor’s degree in fields other than Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 3 years of construction related experience
- No degree and a minimum of 5 years of construction related experience in a field applicable to the work assignment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41