ALQIMI National Security, Inc. Smart Grid Coordinator in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Smart Grid Coordinator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Smart Grid Coordinator
Under the task order, the contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Guam Program Management Office (GPMO) and OICC in the coordination of the smart grid that includes but is not limited to the Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) program. The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of smart grid coordinator services support as the Smart Grid Subject Matter Expert (SME).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Review and discuss with the Smart grid vendor the requirements and expectations of the government for each project as it applies to the DPRI program.
- Analyze the situation and know when the options are over and above what is required for government use and be able to advise the government on pros and cons for each option.
- Review, understand and recommend revisions to maximize the efficiency of the system within the given budget for the project(s).
- Analyze the system to understand the conflicts and resolutions proposed and its effect on the entire DPRI program, not limiting conflicts and solutions to the current project at hand.
- Ensure that the system is operational and sustainable after the DPRI projects have been completed.
- Assist leadership by providing a focal point for overall management of the Smart Grid portion of the DPRI projects and those that may impact it.
- Advise senior leadership of conflicts that cannot be handled without a government directive.
- Assist in the review of construction contractor proposals and provide detailed written comments to aide in the negotiation by government representatives.
- Brief the background and propose a solution to the situation when conflicts arise.
- Researching and collecting all required data to provide recommendations, prepare documents and review construction contractor deliverables.
- Be a graduate of an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four  year degree minimum), AND have a minimum of 5 years Smart Grid experience
- U.S. Professional Engineering/Architecture Registration is not required.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and in briefing management personnel.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of principles of construction technology and construction industry practices.
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively through oral and written presentations.
- Have demonstrated the ability to read and interpret contract documents.
- Have demonstrated understanding of the security requirements of the Smart Grid system and the associated internet capabilities and restrictions for the project area.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the design process.
- Have demonstrated current knowledge of the Smart grid system and any advances it has recently made.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate work effectively with other governmental professionals, client representatives with of various backgrounds and experience bases (including Government senior civilians, and military at ranks equal to civilian SES and military Flag Officers), contract management and labor personnel and others as necessary.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties and have sufficient vision to identify safety concerns.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Title: Smart Grid Coordinator
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam