ALQIMI National Security, Inc. ICS/SCADA in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an ICS/SCADA for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of Industrial Control System/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (ICS/SCADA) services support.
Services include providing the DPRI staff, the GPMP/OICC team and the local UEM group with guidance and recommendations related to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Engineering systems integration. The ICS/SCADA system is a system of coded signals over communication channels so as to provide a control of remote equipment (using typically one communication channel per remote station).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work alongside the NAVFAC Public Works Business Line, Utilities and Energy Management Division (UEM).
- Conduct studies in areas such as Smart Energy, large scale renewable, integrating renewable electrical generation into existing systems, electrical demand response and systematic approaches to energy project development.
- Support NAVFAC utilities energy management operations across the DPRI program.
- Review and analyze the project data to provide expert advice to GPMO/OICC and the local UEM group concerning the NAVFAC Industrial Control Systems program.
- Be a graduate of an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four  year degree minimum), AND have a minimum of 10 years of experience performing ICS/SCADA services
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing and demonstrated experience preparing correspondence, written reports, and briefing management personnel.
- Have demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of NAVFAC’s Utilities Energy Management Policy.
- Have demonstrated the ability to provide briefings on a variety of utilities energy management programs.
- Have demonstrated experience interpreting and applying energy management policy and procedures when giving guidance and direction on specific project and program proposals,
- Have demonstrated the ability to use knowledge of operations and maintenance of electrical utility systems (i.e. plants, electrical generation, utilities acquisition and analysis of utilities systems) to support assessments and evaluations of the progress of project execution.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to successfully complete the SF-85-P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
Who are we?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam