ALQIMI National Security, Inc. Estimator in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Estimator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of estimating service support in such areas as feasibility/constructability, bid- ability, operability and environmental concern reviews.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide feasibility/constructability, bid-ability, operability and environmental concern reviews.
- Review and identify project cost exposure and provide recommendations for most cost-effective solutions.
- Review cost data for major equipment (long lead items) and provide recommendations or notify the ROICC/OICC of concerns, if applicable.
- Review proposals for adherence to bid documents (i.e. official RFP documents) and notify the ROICC/OICC of any issues, discrepancies or duplication by contractor. (I.e. Contractor proposing to charge the government for something already covered in the RFP).
- Analyze the credibility of construction contractor submissions, construction contractor qualifications and note possible deviations from the representations contained in the construction contractor(s)’ proposals.
- Review of the progress payment schedule for reasonableness.
- Provide field inspections and verification that contractors executed required construction changes.
- Perform site visits, including the review of estimates, to determine existing conditions and to document findings to support the rationale of the estimate analysis.
- Provide audit assistance as requested.
- Provide reviews of active projects, projects added via task order and pending projects. Provide services that include review and clarification of Cost Analysis/Evaluation of site or existing facilities.
- Be a graduate of an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four) 4-year degree minimum AND have a minimum of ten (10) years’ Estimating experience
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in working with Engineering or Architectural disciplines and shall have an advanced understating of engineering, architecture and construction trades.
- Have the ability to communicate in English effectively orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated experience using Costworks as well as MII (Micro-computer Aided Cost Estimating System Second Generation) cost estimating software applications.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of Government estimating procedures, particularly that of NAVFAC and US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Have demonstrated ability and experience to provide estimates for construction projects, for new and for changed conditions.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the local market conditions. Note that the area of responsibility for this contract is mainly in the Marianas archipelago (including, but not limited to Tinian, Pagan, Chuuk, Australia, Saipan, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands), but may include other areas in the Pacific AOR such as Hawaii.
- This is a government contract that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and it outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam