ALQIMI National Security, Inc. Drone Operator in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Drone Operator for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Drone Operator
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC).
Provide periodic photographic documentation of construction progress of DPRI projects by flying a drone with cameras over the project site as required or requested by the FEAD/ROICC/OICC.
Provide both video and still pictures of the existing conditions and the work in progress.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Maintain a pictorial record of construction events and progress.
- Repair and maintain the required drone, cameras and other necessary equipment. Maintain access to backup equipment to avoid delays to the scheduled recordings.
- Complete all necessary applications and permits to allow use of a drone on base. Coordinate with local PAO (Public Affairs Officer) and security department to ensure recordings meet photography and videography regulations and restrictions. Include all required fees for licenses and other permits/certifications in the cost for services (Permitting fees and coordination efforts will not be reimbursed under a separate line item.).
- Ensure drone operations comply with all laws rules and regulations.
- In the absence of a drone, aerial photography/videography may be accepted as a substitute
- Be licensed/certified to operate the drone at each service location.
- Have demonstrated sufficiency in the use of any software required to download, manage and store digital photos and videos in accordance with requirements established by the FEAD/ROICC/OICC.
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge of drone operation, maintenance and repair, digital camera operation and maintenance, and the recording, downloading and storage of digital videos and pictures.
- Have demonstrated the ability to photograph worksites within 4 hours of a request from the designated Government POC.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Title: Drone Operator
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam