ALQIMI National Security, Inc. Building Information Modeler in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking an Building Information Modeler for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
Position: Building Information Modeler
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of Building Information Modeling service support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Obtain the construction design from the individual or company responsible for the construction design (whet her DB or DBB) utilizing the compatible BIM software.
- Include Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping in reports upon request and update reports as necessary and/or requested.
- Coordinate with and be the Government’s liaison to the architects, planner and project managers as necessary to comprehend the building design and its dimensions to ensure the modeling software program works properly.
- Debrief the ROICC using reports and written recommendations.
- Have demonstrated expertise with the procedure, functioning and principles of the BIM projects.
- Have demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Bentley BIM and Revit Software.
- Have demonstrated ability to consult with and provide expert technical advice to the Deputy ROICC/OICC (and other such high-ranking officials) regarding highly technical issues, construction practices, safety and changed conditions.
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate work effectively with other governmental professionals, client representatives with of various backgrounds and experience bases (including Government senior civilians, and military at ranks equal to civilian SES and military Flag Officers), contract management and labor personnel and others as necessary.
- Be able to interpret plans and specifications.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have demonstrated the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Title: Building Information Modeler
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam