ALQIMI National Security, Inc. Architect/Engineer in Santa Rita, Guam
ALQIMI Professional Services Group is seeking a Architect/Engineer for Construction Management Services (CMS) in support of the Guam Defense Policy Review Initiative (DPRI) for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) for work in the Marianas Area of Responsibility to include Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia.
The contractor will perform independent of direct Government supervision support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Facilities Engineering and Acquisition Division (FEAD) Director / Officer in Charge of Construction (OICC) and the subordinate Resident Officers in Charge of Construction (ROICC). The primary objective is to provide contractor services and deliverables through the performance of architect/engineer support.
Services shall include review of requests for information (RFIs), review of contract submittals, review of designs performing constructability analysis, review of design changes from the contractor (in design-build projects) and the AE of record (in design-bid-build projects), drafting minor designs to support contract changes, cost estimating, making recommendations to the ROICC/OICC/FEAD to expedite resolution of technical issues during construction and performing other general engineering services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Coordinate with team members to execute project scope, schedules, and budgets in conformance with the project and customer requirements.
- Facilitate the minimization of project delays.
- Research codes, guidance, policies, procedures, processes, criteria and Federal laws and regulations and provide sound technical recommendations in writing.
- Apply innovative technical principles, practices and theories to the resolution of technical issues.
- Perform field investigations, including the review of as-builts, to determine existing conditions, document findings, and provide a report to include written summary of the observations, data collected and photographs.
- Collect all required data to provide recommendations, prepare documents, and/or review deliverables. This data collection is to assist with the preparation of cost estimates, schedules, reports, RFPs, SOW’s and other project documentation. Document and summarize all data collection efforts.
- Coordinate with the Government client, NAVFAC team members, leadership, project stakeholders, and various regulatory agencies. Coordinate and hold meetings, determine requirements, coordinate work flow processes, schedule/coordinate plans of actions and milestones (POAMs) and inform all personnel. Provide written minutes for all meetings.
- Review technical reports, RFIs, designs, design changes for both design-build and design bid build projects, project deliverables, submittals, cost proposals from contractors, etc. to ensure compliance with customer and RFP requirements.
- Provide technical support for the review of the commissioning plan, design and construction submittals, and field inspections.
- Provide technical support for the construction field activities and associated preparatory and quality control meetings.
- Be a graduate of an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four) 4-year degree minimum AND have a minimum of (ten) 10 years’ Design Management experience
- Have their U.S. Professional Engineering Registration (P.E.) or their U.S. Professional Architecture Registration (RA)
- Have completed and passed the Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors course
- Have demonstrated knowledge of broad based Architectural and Engineering principles
- Must have the ability to communicate in English effectively orally and in writing
- Must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience in performing the tasks identified here in for Capital Improvements related projects for the NAVFAC or Corps of Engineers.
- Have demonstrated experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), Primavera, Costworks, etc. Have the ability to adapt to new software such as eCMS may also be necessary.
- This is a government contract position that requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Be capable of the physical exertion required to perform the necessary services such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping and reaching; climbing upon ladders and other physical activity common to the performance of such duties
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
Guam and its outer islands, Oahu and Australia
Guam, an island territory of the United States, is located 900 miles north of the equator in the Western Pacific. Guam is the largest island in Micronesia and the gateway to the Region. It is approximately 6,000 miles from San Francisco; 3,800 miles west of Honolulu; 1,500 miles south of Japan; 1,596 miles from the Philippines and 2,026 miles east of Hong Kong. Guam enjoys mild temperatures of 86 degrees (F) on average year-round. Guam’s tropical weather allows for a multitude of activities. From tandem skydiving, jet skiing parasailing, kite surfing and many others; dive enthusiasts will enjoy the warm waters off Guam and snorkelers will be in awe of the Tumon Bay Marine Park protected marine life. Water activities are not the only pastime when it comes to appreciating the island. Attending village Fiestas, hiking WWII sites, golfing, three shopping malls, and five movie theaters are just a few other activities. Whether you are looking to experience traditional Chamorro culture, an exciting nightlife, or the irresistible shopping environment, Guam is the perfect place to enjoy paradise.
Guam Visitor Bureau at visitguam.com
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, ALQIMI has developed an outstanding track record of designing, integrating, and managing complex technological solutions for customers around the world. Our IT services group is our founding heritage and services the intelligence and commercial communities with technologically sophisticated services including cybersecurity, big data and software development. We take pride in using our demonstrated ability to build profitable businesses, subject matter expertise and ecosystems to incubate new ideas. We have established new businesses in the data analytics, military facilities construction management and energy industries and intend to incubate additional opportunities.
What makes ALQIMI unique is that we offer challenging projects, excellent benefits, work/life balance, and a fair and ethical executive team.
ALQIMI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ALQIMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
More information about ALQIMI can be found at www.alqimi.com.
Job Location: Santa Rita, Guam